Job Title: Employee Relations Officer
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Capital Manager – Employee Relations
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 32 networked branches and 5 contact branches countrywide and an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Employee Relations Officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive support in maintaining Employee /Employer relationship by participating in a variety of employee relations activities leading to an efficient, motivated and productive workforce.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will participate in developing and implementing appropriate employee relations strategies, policies and procedures in consultation with the Human Capital Manager- Employee Relations.
· Work in liaison with the Human Capital Manager- Employee Relations to plan and ensure the provision of adequate welfare services and facilities to all employees according to company policy.
· Actively participate in the administration of the company’s disciplinary code of conduct and ensure ethical behavior of all employees.
· Advise employees on HR policies and legislations which concern them e.g. conditions of service, government legislation and code of conduct.
· Ensure harmonious industrial relations among employees by counseling staff and prompt handling of employees’ grievances and problems.
· Participate in the review of compensation packages and other benefits available to the employees of Pride.
· Conduct branch visits with the Human Capital Manager- Employee Relations and obtain staff issues for presentation to Head of Human Capital Management for appropriate action.
· Manage the health and safety policy of the institution and ensure that employees are operate in a safe work environment.
· Participate in recruitment and induction programs for new staff.
· Undertake compilation of statistics from the Employee Engagement survey, analyze data and submit draft report to the Human Capital Manager- Employee Relations.
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head Human Capital Development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Employee Relations Officer should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/ Social Sciences /Guidance and counseling / Industrial & Organizational Psychology or in any other relevant or related field
· Two principal passes at A’ level
· Credits in Mathematics and English at O’ level
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a related field.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Reporting and writing skills
· Interpersonal skills.
· Guidance and counseling skills.
· Must have a high level of emotional Intelligence.
· Must be computer literate.
· Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline