Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Division Head Competition and Consumer Affairs will ensure effective competition as well as safeguarding consumer interests in the communications sector.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) Division Head Competition and Consumer Affairs career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economic Policy and Planning, Economics, Finance and accounting, statistics or a related field
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance; Statistics or a related field
· The jobholder must be a member of a professional body.
· At least eight (8) years of working experience in economic regulation, consumer protection, four (4) of which should be in a managerial position in a similar corporate setting
· Personal Competencies: Economic regulation and policy, Consumer protection and empowerment, Market and Industry analysis, Stakeholder management skills, Strong interpersonal and communication skills, High degree of Integrity, Initiative and innovation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with updated and detailed curriculum vita giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Managing Director,
ABS Consulting Group
Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road,
9th Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 29526
NB: Please indicate the position applied for on the envelope (‘Application for the position of…….”)
Deadline: 16th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline