Job Title: CERT Analyst
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National CERT Administrator
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The CERT Analyst will plan, execute, assess and monitor all tasks assigned under the Uganda National CERT and Coordination Center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will plan, execute, assess and monitor all tasks assigned under the National CERT
· Generate cyber threat intelligence on risks, new technical developments and observed intruder activities facing critical information infrastructure
· The incumbent will man the National CERT helpdesk and raise tickets for all confirmed probable incidents
· Support incident analysis, response and coordination on the reported cyber incidents
· The incumbent will configure and maintain information security tools
· Carry out digital forensics investigations and electronic discovery
· Quickly respond and provide support to the National CERT constituents.
· Prepare and submit periodic or ad-hoc reports of high quality for every incident, security threat and vulnerability.
· Develop training modules and technical documentations.
· Develop and facilitate information sharing from lessons learnt from incidents resolved
· Conduct knowledge sharing sessions among other technical personnel on lessons learnt or new findings.
· Be aware and comply with all National CERT policies, procedures and guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the NITA-U CERT Analyst job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / IT/ Information Security/ ICT / Engineering Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer / any relevant area or a suitable combination of a degree in a related discipline and experience
· Professional certification in any related field such as CISA / ECIH/ CISM/ CHFI/CISSP /GCIA / GCFA / CEH is an added advantage.
· Possess high degree of interest in cyber security related areas.
· A minimum of three years’ working experience in a relevant field
· Knowledge of cyber security tools
· Broad knowledge of digital forensics and electronic discovery methodologies
· Sound knowledge on computer hardware.
· Knowledge of at least 2 operating systems (UNIX and Windows)
· Working knowledge of Internet applications, information systems security and network architecture
· Knowledge of cyber security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
· Knowledge of risk assessments.
· Knowledge on cryptographic technologies
· Good documentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Self-starter and has a high sense of urgency in making deliverables and capable of protecting confidentiality of information
· Able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
· Good personality with the ability to work as a team player
· Stress durable and Strong analytical skills
· Willing to travel on short notice
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 12th December, 2016 by 17.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline