Job Title: Application Hosting Administrator
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Data Centre Manager
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Application Hosting Administrator will be responsible for the administration of hosted applications on the NBI/EGI Infrastructure
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Regularly monitor and report on the inventory and status of all applications across Government Data centre
· Monitor and report of Data centre inventories of equipment, hardware and software and ensure that all IT assets are recorded and the inventory is periodically updated.
· Work in liaison and manage Clients and Stakeholders on behalf of NITA-U in the delivery of NITA-U Data centre services to MDAs
· Engagement of MDAs to connect to the National Data Transmission Backbone Infrastructure(NBI) for Data centre services and sign Memorandum of Understanding and Service Level Agreements
· Responsible for the management of the Data Centre Hosted Applications and software and hardware to ensure high availability and throughput.
· Provision of second level technical support to all Government Departments and Ministries and agencies that will be utilising the Hosted Applications;
· Ensure compliance to set policies and guidelines for the use of Hosted Applications.
· Ensure policies, standards and documentation procedures related to Data Centre operation procedures are adhered too.
· Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the NITA-U Application Hosting Administrator job placement should hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Telecommunications Engineering;
· Professional certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, MCSA, , etc. will be an added advantage
· At least five years’ experience in the management of Hosted Applications in a large enterprise.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in the design, implementation and management of Data Centres operations.
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Demonstrated technical proficiency in emerging IT trends including information security, e-Commerce, e-Governance and e-Government applications.
· Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team;
· Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent communication and report writing skills.
· A person of integrity and honesty
· Self-starter and has a high sense of urgency in making deliverables and capable of protecting confidentiality of information
· Able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
· Good personality with the ability to work as a team player
· Stress durable and strong analytical skills
· Willingness to travel on short notice
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 12th December, 2016 by 17.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline