Job Title: Advocacy Manager
Organization: International Community of Women Living with HIV/ AIDS East Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
International Community of Women living with HIV/AIDS East Africa is a regional advocacy network and membership based organisation. ICW Eastern Africa exists to give visibility to women living with HIV in Eastern Africa. ICW Eastern Africa believes that gender inequalities and the lack of sexual & reproductive health & rights for women are at the heart of the HIV epidemic.
Job Summary: The Advocacy Manager will oversee the development and execution of a Regional Advocacy Strategy for ICWEA, that derives its mandate from the Regional Strategic Plan & in the context of Sustainable Development Goals
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of strategizing, planning and implementation of emerging policy and advocacy and coordinate with the wider ICWEA membership & Country Chapters;
· Ensure that the ICWEA membership is informed of changes in the Health landscape through regular meetings and other means of communication;
· Build partnerships and linkages with the wider International, Regional and National Health, HIV and Women Movements;
· Working closely with the Programme team, support the organisation and country chapters to implement advocacy, monitoring and accountability initiatives at national, regional and global levels;
· Position the organisation to engage in key global platforms and form partnerships with Global, Regional and National Partnerships e.g. the Global Fund, UNAIDS, UN Women, WHO, Stop TB Partnership etc.
· Lead the Research and policy development work;
· Lead the development of comprehensive, dear and innovative advocacy messages to strengthen the advocacy and policy work. These may include but not limited to Policy Briefs, Issues Papers, Best Practices and position Papers;
· Lead ICWEA Secretariat, members and country Chapters to engage in priority conferences and platforms like the IAC, IAS, CSW, AWlD, Women Deliver, FP2020, HIVP4R, CROI etc.
· Develop and manage advocacy budgets including quarterly reforecasting and monitoring of income versus expenditure;
· Work in close liaison with the Business Development Department develop and implement fundraising and resource mobilisation strategies geared towards Advocacy, policy and research work;
· Ensure high quality reports clearly communicating process, outcome changes and impact;
· Supported by the M&E Manager, ensure a robust M&E framework for the Regional Advocacy Strategy and effectively implemented, for continuous learning;
· Actively participate in strategic reviews and planning for the organization;
· Prepare periodic work plans and budgets for the advocacy department;
· Organize events to promote ICWEA to the public and to stakeholders;
· Prepare and submit periodic reports on the advocacy, public relations and communications activities of ICWEA;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies or Social Work and Social Administration, or Social Sciences or Communications with a certificate in advocacy & communication
· At least three years’ work experience in programme implementation, advocacy & communication in an NGO setting with experience in working with partner organizations Advocacy, rights and communications
· Global, regional and national policies and legislations relating to HIV&AIDS and gender
· Rights of people living with HIV, with a focus on women and young girls living with HIV
· Practices and trends in HIV& AIDS prevention and care in the region and globally
· Working knowledge in gender audit and analysis, policy analysis and Research
· Bilingual applicants (English, French and Swahili) will be given priority.
Note: ICWEA is an equal opportunities organisation but this position is ONLY open to Women openly living with HIV.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send in their applications with a cover letter and detailed CV together with academic documents and testimonials indicating the position they are applying. The position applied for must be clearly marked in the Email heading or on the top of the envelope which must be addressed to;
The Executive Director, ICWEA,
P.O. Box 32252, Kampala Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com and copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline