Organisation: Ministry of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 56/252/02 VOL. XV
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U2
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner Human Resource Management
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will be interpreting various aspects of the current personnel policies, rules and regulations;
· Providing staff guidance and counseling;
· Offering support in the preparation of draft estimates of expenditure and staff proposals;
· In charge of processing all appointments, confirmation, promotions, dismissals, retirements and transfers for the Ministry;
· Responsible for managing the establishment and staffing control information systems;
· Administering the payroll in liaison with the Accounts Section;
· Coordinating staff appraisals, management development and training programmes;
· Coordinating with all departmental heads on matters of manpower planning, technical and professional training;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should be Ugandan serving officers in possession of qualifications in the following fields: An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Human Resource Management or Social Sciences or Social Work and Social Administration or Public Administration and Management or Business Studies/Administration/Commerce (Management/HRM Option) or Arts or Development Studies or Organizational Psychology or any other relevant equivalent qualification with HRM/Personnel Management as one of the course units from a recognized University/Institution plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or Public Administration and Management from a recognized University/Institution.
· Possession of a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resources Management option) or Public Administration and Management shall be an added advantage.
· A minimum of six (6) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served in the field of Human Resource Management at Senior Personnel Officer level or Senior Human Resource Officer level in Government or equivalent level of working experience from a reputable organisation.
· Personal Competencies: Human Resource Management, Records and Information Management skills, effective communication skills, managing employee performance, flexibility skills, ethics and integrity.
· Age: 28 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments to fill the following vacant posts. Please fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission
Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 3/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 21st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline