Organisation: Ministry of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 77/266/02 VOL.5
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U4
Reports to: Senior Personal Secretary
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165 (1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of drawing up and monitoring programmes, activities and appointments in conjunction with relevant officers.
· Taking dictation, transcribing and presenting accurate and error free work.
· Cordially attending to callers, either in person or on telephone.
· Ensuring timely responses to inquiries and correspondences to and from the office.
· In charge of receiving incoming mail and supervising the dispatch of outgoing mail.
· Responsible for organizing meetings, taking minutes and conveying decisions of such meetings to the relevant officers/offices.
· Ensuring that relevant documents for meetings and speeches are produced on time and properly organized.
· In charge of drafting letters of routine nature.
· Providing Office Managerial Services which include: ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office, managing records in accordance with established security and records management procedures, requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment, requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment, requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment, supervising the secretarial and support personnel for the office, responsible for professional development of secretarial staff in the Ministry/Department
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should be Ugandans holding: either an Ordinary Level Certificate with at least two (2) Credits including English Language and 3 passes, UNEB Certificate or Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution with the following subjects: Business Communication Stage III, Typewriting Stage III (50 WPM), Shorthand Stage II (80/90 WPM), Office Management and computer skills using several packages like Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Database Management.
· Possession of qualifications and skills in Principles of Accounts II, Economics II or Commerce II, certificate in Public Relations and knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopiers and audio equipment shall be an added advantage.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies (B.SES) or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
· At least three (3) years working experience served at the level of Stenographer Secretary in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
· Possession of knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopiers shall be an added advantage.
· Age: 22 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments to fill the following vacant posts. Please fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission
Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 3/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 21st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline