Job Title: Web Designer
Organisation: Appliance World Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Appliance World Ltd (the company) is one of the largest organizations in Uganda dealing in consumer electronics (refrigerators, microwaves, audio products, televisions, and washing machines), commercial air conditioning and mechanical ventilation, mobile phones, computers/network monitors.
Job Summary: The Web Designer needs updated website daily with new products and correct stock levels as well as correct prices. Promotional offers need to be placed on the front page. Bulk emails to subscribed lists need to be sent. The website needs to have functionality added.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the maintenance of existing systems to meet the user requirements
· Development of web material, web design and updating websites.
· Business Analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of application software in accordance with established IT standards.
· Provision of computer training and support users to ensure that information technology is best utilized.
· Design, develop, implementation and evaluation of new computer systems.
· Evaluation of existing information systems and procedures and recommending solutions for improvement
· Prepare and submit periodic reports on system
· Evaluation of tenders involving Information technology products and services.
· In charge of administering and implementing security policies in the software developed.
· Assist with computer software and hardware support, maintenance, and administration of the internet and network.
· Evaluate requests for new or modified workflow applications
· Develop interfaces for integration of various systems
· Adhere to the SDLC and prepare process and software documentation for future reference and maintenance needs
· Mentor and train users on DMS systems and other team projects as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The Web Designer should be highly experienced in HTML, PHP, SQL and WordPress.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be the email itself and your CV should be attached in Word or PDF format. The subject line of your email should be the job title followed by your name, eg Imports Coordinator – Allan Nsubuga
Deadline: 10th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline