Job Title: Water Resources Development Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Water Resources Development Manager will strengthen WaterAid Uganda’s (WAUs) understanding and implementation of water resource management (WRM) approaches. The incumbent will take lead in identifying local opportunities for deepening the Country programme’s WRM approach. The jobholder will also generate information to inform WaterAid’s contributions to discussions on water security and factors that impact on the quality and availability of water resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Water Resources Development Manager will identify water stressed areas among WaterAid supported programs with a view of initiating a programme of participatory monitoring to establish the main drivers y water stress.
· Identify appropriate participatory methods for monitoring groundwater levels, rainfall demand and land use cover taking into account the capacities and resources that exist locally in the areas selected.
· The jobholder will negotiate for water rights with communities or water facilities to meet water supply demands
· The incumbent will recommend new or revised policies procedures, or regulations to support water resource or conservation goals
· Ensure the development of reliable data base that helps decision makers at different levels in order to improve the investment flow arc sustainability of WASH facilities by providing accurate and reliable WASH sector database
· Keep up to date with new research and techniques in the area of water resources management. Support the country programme and partners at the field in the effective management of current water resources development.
· In charge of building partnerships with government institutions, donors, private sector and research institutions so as to advance WAU’s strategic objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Water Resources Development Manager employment opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Water Resources Management/Hydro-geology or related fields
· At least six years of relevant and proven experience preferably in WASH sector, specializing in local level water resources management.
· Previous experience in hydro-geological data analysis and interpretation.
· Prior exposure and experience in drilling techniques, site selection and drilling supervision
· Previous experience in research
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline