Job Title: Water Engineer
Organisation: Malteser International
Duty Station: Uganda
Malteser International is an international non-governmental aid agency for humanitarian aid of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, founded in 2005 by Malteser Germany (founded in 1953). The relief service has more than 50 years of experience in humanitarian relief and currently covers around 100 projects in about 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas. Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is active in the WASH sector in Rhino Camp for improving the lives of both the host population as well as the refugee population.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will plan, monitor and control the overall construction activities in Bidibidi refugee settlement and the implementation of Malteser International project activities.
· Manage and advise on planning and selection of suppliers, material, etc.
· Work in a team to provide leadership, direction, and assistance for extension workers and other staff
· Actively contribute to proposals and cost estimates
· Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders, partner organizations and authorities
· Prepare and submit project status reports
· Collaborate closely with the Arua program office
· Conduct field inspections and site assessments, closely monitor construction progress
· Participate in emergency response activities as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in Water Engineering from a recognized university. Other degrees such as Civil or Environmental Engineering might also be considered, strong focus on water, hydraulics, etc.
· At least three to five years of progressive engineering, including project management experience
· Previous exposure and experience in WASH related humanitarian/development projects
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities
· Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
· Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
· Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
· Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
· Possess a valid driving license (motorcycle)
· Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in (Microsoft Office and good knowledge of ICT technologies
· Fluency in English (written and spoken), local language of advantage (Lugbara, Kakwa, Arabic)
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline