Job Title: WASH and Health Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The WASH and Health Manager will steer the development of an integrated approach to WASH and health and contribute to the strategic objectives of the WaterAid Uganda (WAU) country programme strategy. The incumbent will also offer support in achieving strategic objectives and in advocating for a more holistic national approach to sustainable development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in providing quality advice to managers on developing holistic programmes that address the link between WASH and health
· Prepare quality briefs on the role of WASH in improving health outcomes for sharing with potential stakeholders, while seeking their interest to collaborate with
· The incumbent will gather and collect relevant health data on WASH related illness to be able to monitor on the impact of the public health promotion programme
· Offer support in tackling the strategic agenda of integrating WASH and Health as an advocacy initiative for wider adoption of such an approach by sector partners, donors and other stakeholders
· Regularly monitor implementation of WASH and Health programme and prepare key reports on the basis of organizational policies and procedures including monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid WASH and Health Manager job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field from a reputed university
· At least six years’ experience at medium-senior level management with an NGO
· Excellent programme planning skills and in use of planning tools for preparation of strategy and design.
· Familiarity with the current trends, methods and approaches, global health issues, specifically relating to children and women & emergencies.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline