Job Title: Volunteer Network Coordinator
Organization: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years, ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions in Uganda.
In response to the South Sudanese refugee influx, the Government of Uganda, opened a new settlement in the West Nile region in order to settle the thousands of people arriving every day. This new settlement has already a population of 160 000 refugees and the number of 200 000 should be reached by the end of this year. Under the coordination of the Office of Prime Minister (OPM) and the UNHCR, local and international NGOs are implementing emergency response activities mainly in the Health and Nutrition sector and Water, Sanitation and Health sector. For both sectors, the implementation rely on the mobilization of volunteer selected among the communities to assist in some activities in the field, mobilize, train and sensitize the population. Those Village Health Teams (VHTs) are trained by NGOs on each specific component and mobilize for activities. The coordination of the VHTs is ensured in Uganda by the District. But due to the emergency context, the massive influx of refugees, the high number of NGOs involved and the required number of VHTs to select, train and use, the task is very difficult.
Job Summary: The Volunteer Network Coordinator will offer support to the VHTs system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop volunteer network organization and coordination between organization users in collaboration with the district:
· Develop a database of volunteers and organization users and maintain network members’ contacts and profile (20 NGOs, local institutions)
· Develop planning tools to organize volunteers work and trainings.
Engage the district in network management:
· Engage the district into being volunteer network main manager
· Support the district in managing the network.
Capacity building of volunteers:
· Identify trainings performed by NGO users to volunteers
· Capitalize training panel and material for capacity building of Volunteers.
Communication and Information Management:
· The incumbent will develop volunteer network guidelines which outline how they will mobilize and support communities.
· Establish systems of communication to transmit information among volunteers network members with the district and vice versa.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Action Against Hunger ACF Volunteer Network Coordinator job vacancy should preferably hold a University degree related to communications, developments studies and customer relations.
· A minimum of five years’ professional experience in development/humanitarian sector.
· Previous exposure and experience in networking, and coordination of actors.
· Prior experience of professional collaboration with Ugandan governmental structures and institutions.
· Extensive experience in managing networks and working with partners is highly desirable
· Previous experience of WASH and/or Nutrition sector
· Prior humanitarian field experience, preferably coordinating activities within a big institution
· The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong skills in community mobilization
· Working knowledge and ability to work with gender equality and refugee’s rights frameworks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Address your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline: 21st November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline