Job Title: Driver
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps is an International non-profit organization that has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
About USAID Program:
Mercy Corps Uganda implements food security, youth, conflict mitigation and management programs and a multi-year activity program funded by USAID (OFDA, CMM & FFP) departments respectively) in Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility). The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
· The Driver will maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
· Regularly check the vehicle conditions before and after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to the transport management;
· Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
· Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
· Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
· Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouses daily workloads;
· Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
· Regularly report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
· Do the regular service and maintenance of vehicles and motorbikes
· Undertake field assignments as assigned;
· Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Driver job opportunity should an Advanced Level Certificate qualification with a valid drivers’ license- Class DL
· A minimum of two years’ experience driving 4x4 vehicles
· Must be a mechanic/Driver able to repair both vehicles and motorbikes
· Must know and obey to all safety and traffic rules of the Uganda.
· Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
· Good understanding of English
· Must know Mercy Corps vehicle policies and regulations.
· Must know what preventative maintenance is required for their vehicle.
· Possess basic first aid techniques.
· Must know the actions to be taken in the event of an accident.
· Ability to change a wheel and do minor repairs and vehicle servicing.
· Possess basic service and maintenance of motorbikes
· Must know how to use all accessories such as HF / VHF radios, winches etc
How to Apply:
All prospective Ugandans who wish to join Mercy Corps are encouraged to send their applications via email including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road.
Deadline: 18th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline