Job Title: Agricultural Field Officer
Organization: RECO Industries Limited
Project Name: USAID/ Uganda’s Production for Improved Nutrition project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Field Supervisor
RECO Industries Limited is implementing USAID/Uganda’s Production for Improved Nutrition project. The project works to reduce the burden of under-nutrition by providing Ready to Use Therapeutic and supplementary Foods to pregnant women, breast feeding mothers and People Living with HIV/AIDS in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Agricultural Field Officer will take the lead in implementing the Livelihood components of the project in the district of coverage. The incumbent will be the principal technical contact person in the districts of operations for activities and interventions related to the project. The jobholder will also collaborate with other existing community-based organizations (CBOs) and non-government organizations (NGOs) to support Producer Organizations (POs) produce the required staple/ commercial crops (raw materials) as well as engage in homestead/ kitchen gardening (vegetables/ fruit growing) for home consumption.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a diploma or equivalent in agriculture.
· A minimum of three (3) years of significant professional experience in implementing agriculture programs and development activities at the community and household levels.
· Technical expertise pertinent to Farmer Field School.
· Familiarity with agronomical practices for maize, groundnuts and soy beans.
· Previous exposure and experience in capacity building and transfer or skills is also essential.
· Familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality in agriculture is required.
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making capabilities.
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work with ail levels of national and international staff as well as clients
· Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org including an application letter, updated and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certifications / testimonials and names of three professional referees. Please address to:
The Human Resource Office,
USAID / Uganda,
Production for Improved Nutrition Project
Deadline: 21st November 2016