Job Title: E-Learning Specialist
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Project Name: USAID Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Hoima, Arua, Kabarole and Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Learning Innovations Manager
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University - John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
About USAID MAPD Program:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) is a five-year project funded by U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)/PMI. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimize the social-economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under-5 years of age.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The E-Learning Specialist will determine specific malaria case management skills and knowledge gaps for health care workers determine needs to be met through distance learning;
· Work closely with the team to design and deliver the e-learning materials appropriate for the gaps identified;
· Manage the actual planning, delivery and coordination of all technologies and facilities to support online learning;
· The incumbent will consult content experts to discuss the learning formats and testing that should be built into each trainee follow up;
· Offer support in the evaluation of the quality of technology-delivered content. Support the development of standardized post-learning evaluation and success stories. She/he will compile lessons leant for purposes of dissemination;
· Ensure adherence to best practices in distance learning;
· The incumbent will enable and support all staff in the training and curriculum changes needed to utilize new technologies and learning materials; and
· Support staff, external partners and learners in the effective use of learning technologies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID MAPD E-Learning Specialist vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognized university;
· A minimum of three years relevant working experience;
· Strong visual instructional design and course creation skills; and
· Well-developed computer skills PC-based, with applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and comparable software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to hand deliver their application letters with detailed CVs, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Manager, Human Resources,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday, 8th November 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline