Organization: Chemonics International Inc.
Project Name: USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) Project
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Chemonics International Inc. is certified consulting company that has partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world for overe 40 years.
About USAID GHSC-PSM Project:
Chemonics International is implementing the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) project in Uganda. The purpose of the USAID GHSC-PSM project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG) funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health (PRH). In supporting USG funded global health activities, USAID GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
Job Summary: The Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS) Manager will provide supervisory technical and logistical assistance at the provincial and district levels to ensure that logistics management systems are functional, provincial and district level issues are sustainably resolved for the USAID GHSC-PSM project in Uganda. The LMIS Manager will determine viability of potential LMIS solutions by analyzing functional gaps in the current system, interoperability with existing health system information systems, and relevant concerns for LMIS effectiveness and efficiency, such as the nature and quality of data for reporting and requisitions, and the collaboration of LMIS with other processes accomplishing the overall supply chain. The LMIS Manager will oversee planning, training and implementation of the appropriate LMIS solution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare functional and technical requirements for LMIS pilot and system roll-out, reporting, technical, operational, security, performance, regulatory and training considerations. This includes identifying potential concerns with infrastructural items that may impact the viability of LMIS, such as: power and data telecommunications infrastructure; suitable facilities for the housing and operation of computer and associated equipment; competence of user, administrative, and operations and maintenance staff; and third party services if necessary for the development, .implementation, enhancement and sustainment of the LMIS solution.
· Develop and manage an overall Implementation Master Plan including USAID GHSC-PSM, Joint Medical Stores (JMS), National Medical Stores (NMS), and project partner responsibilities, and monitor, evaluate, and report progress of LMIS implementation.
· Provide oversight for ongoing support for LMIS utilization and ensure timely reporting.
· Ensure that the implemented LMIS creates and maintains databases for all logistics data from districts and health facilities and for all ongoing commodity procurement
· Ensure that the implemented LMIS provides graphs, tables and other means of tracking and reporting on consumption and other logistics data to identify current state and historical trends.
· Ensure that the implemented LMIS makes all relevant data is available for quantification and supply plan updating exercises.
· Complete or manage short-term technical assessments of LMIS infrastructure, including but not limited to: analysis of technical and operational interoperability with other health system information systems; analysis of functional and technical gaps of current systems, hardware and software; and determination of options for piloting and roll-out of the system.
· Provide overall technical support and coordination to LMIS deployment and user training in close collaboration with donors, JMS and NMS counterparts, and partners.
· Manage the development of technical manuals, training plans, guidelines, curriculum and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for LMIS.
· Manage the development and implementation of LMIS supportive supervision plan at district levels, making iterations as needed.
· Support the JMS and NMS to deploy the appropriate LMIS solution, including budgets for maintaining the system.
· Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team.
· Perform any other duties as requested by the Technical Director or Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID GHSC-PSM Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS) Manager career opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
· At least five (5) years of relevant experience developing, assessing, and implementing LMIS systems for warehouse and supply chain operations.
· Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
· Proven experience in advising public sector warehousing operations preferred.
· Proven ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
· Fluency in English required.
· Willingness to travel throughout the regions of Uganda if requested.
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to submit their e-mail applications to PSMUgandaRecruit@gmail.com. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit , it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “LMIS Manager - PSM Uganda” in the subject line.
Deadline: 25th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline