Job Title: Director Financial Management & Operations
Organisation: FHI 360
Project Name: USAID Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: FHI 360 Director of Enterprise Services and CHC Chief of Party
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About USAID CHC Project:
Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) is a five-year program implemented through a cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Uganda) and FHI 360. The program supports the Government of Uganda (GOU) and US government (USG) implementing partners to design and implement quality health communication interventions to contribute to reduction in HIV infections, total fertility, maternal & child mortality, malnutrition, malaria & tuberculosis. We seek applications for the following vacancy:
Job Summary: The Director Financial Management & Operations will be responsible for the financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement, and logistics. The incumbent will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Overall financial management and administration of the project.
· Provide monitoring and financial oversight to strategic and local partners who are recipients of project funds.
· Offer technical assistance in financial, accounting and administrative matters relating to the implementation of the project.
· Regularly review capacity of implementing partners on a regular basis and provide appropriate training to build their capacity.
· Carry out periodic site-visits to partners to review their financial records and internal control systems.
· Provide project management with periodic financial and management reports for the project.
· Prepare and submit donor reports including quarterly financial reports, pipeline and accruals report.
· Work closely with external and internal auditors in the review of country operations and the control environment.
· Ensure the procurement process is compliant to FHI 360 policies and donor regulations.
· Supervise the finance and administration staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Project FHI 360 Director Financial Management & Operations job placement should hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field, or a Bachelor’s or certified accounting qualification
· At least ten years’ experience.
· A minimum of eight years’ experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs
· Demonstrated supervisory experience
· Familiarity with USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements.
· Proven experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets
· Proficient in relevant computer applications and databases.
· Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow;
· Previous experience working with an international organization will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, CV/resume including salary requirements clearly indicating the title of the position in the email subject line and on the envelope if you submit a hardcopy to:
The Human Resource Office,
FHI 360 Plot 15 Kitante Close, P.O. Box 5768 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline