Job Title: Behavior Marketing Specialist
Organisation: FHI 360
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
Job ID: 17803
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About USAID Project:
FHI 360 implements the USAID-funded integrated health services project in Northern Uganda. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV/AIDS, MNCH, malaria, nutrition and TB services.
Job Summary: The Behavior Marketing Specialist will offer timely technical assistance to a five-year, USAID-funded, integrated health program in Uganda. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing activities that address key demand side behaviors related to expanding health options. S/he will provide strategic, technical, and managerial guidance to the program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent provides technical oversight and assistance to the project in the areas of SBCC, capacity strengthening, community mobilization, and advocacy.
· Ensures behaviour change efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and in line with provisions of the award.
· Takes lead and contributes to the development of behavior change strategies for a variety of focal audiences and technical areas.
· Leads and contributes to the planning, design, and implementation of behavior change activities at community and institutional levels.
· Develops and tests materials, working with and providing direction to creative agencies.
· Designs, drafts, tests, finalizes, places, and monitors mass and other media in support of program activities.
· Serves as a technical resource in behavior change for staff, partners/grantees/subcontractors. Provides training, support, and direction to strengthen approaches, materials, and activities.
· Manages and provides technical support toward the process of documentation of best practices and develops and distributes case studies and project briefs to highlight behavior change activities.
· Drives and provides assistance toward the development of project deliverables, work plans, and reports.
· Offers technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas. Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff. Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate. Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. May evaluate proposal design and protocol development to en sure design is sound and based upon evidence- based practice. Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise. Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks. Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel. May be required to coordinate and work with a diverse group of organizations, such as; the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), district health staff, several international and national development partner organizations, and the USAID mission in order to complete work.
· Provide technical leadership in a specific technical component and/or program wide activities.
· With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
· Actively participate in resource development activities.
· Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
· Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
· Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
· Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
· Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
· Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
· Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
· May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
· Provides broad global technical leadership to multiple components for moderate to complex programs.
· Defines and develops solutions for major business or functional challenges.
· Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department/program/project concept, operations, and/or implementation.
· Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs.
· Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of programs/projects and makes recommendations for enhancements.
· Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
· Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
· Represents the organization and/or Institute to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
· Maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
· Continually maintains a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
· Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that is less routine and more unusual.
· Note: Advancement to TAIII is appointed by Senior Management.
· Strategic focus for all programs independent of degree of complexity.
· Leads a large complex division of the organization and is accountable for developing the division’s strategic and operational plans, goals, and policies.
· Contributes to and executes parts of the strategic and operational plans of the organization.
· Leads through subordinate directors and managers and other direct reports, all of whom are management.
· Responsible for financial matters within the division.
· Typically serves as a member of the senior management team.
· Considered a technical expert in their field by internal and external entities.
· Communicates organization-wide strategies and priorities to functional leaders who will develop strategic and operational plans and policies for their own areas.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Project FHI 360 Behavior Marketing Specialist job placement should hold a Master’s Degree or its international equivalent -Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
· At least eleven years’ experience in a specialized technical/medical field of study.
· Considered an expert in their technical field of study or knowledge area.
· Informed of current program developments in division/unit/technical area.
· The applicant should have experience in overseeing and leading projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
· Familiarity with donor/client funded programs and corresponding regulations and communication styles.
· Written and published materials related to technical area e.g., journal articles, job aids, training curricula, and other tools.
· Previous experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the USAID FHI360 project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the web link below. Please specify source i.e. theugandanjobline.com website in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline