Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: SITA Project Implementation Adviser
Job Opening Number: 6698
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
About SITA Project:
The project “Supporting Indian Trade and Investment for Africa” (SITA) is a project implemented by the International Trade Centre (ITC) and financed by the United Kingdoms’ Department for International Development (DFID). It runs from 2015-2020. SITA’s outcome is to improve the competitiveness of select value chains: coffee, cotton, textiles and apparel, pulses, spices, sunflower oil, leather, ITES-BPO and emerging sectors of five East African countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and the United Republic of Tanzania through the provisions of partnerships from institutions and business from India.
Job Summary: The Senior Administrative Clerk will be responsible for ensuring smooth operations of the project. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the National Coordinator in administrative and logistical services, and to ensure consistency of operations with ITC-UNDP rules and regulations. The Senior Administrative Clerk has the main role of carrying out all project office administrative functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide effective administrative support for the implementation of the project, focusing on achievement of the following results: (70%)
· Support to SITA PCU Geneva on all logistical, travel/hotel related arrangements for ITC teams and international consultants to Uganda;
· Maintaining filing system, reports or other documentation related to the project in hard and soft copy;
· Assisting in maintaining and updating up-to-date files and records of documentation of inventory of asset procured under the project;
· Where needed, provide informal written and oral translation between English, and native language of engagement country.
Provide effective technical project support in implementation of the Project, focusing on achievement of the following results: (30%)
· Handling communication with key stakeholders and relaying questions to the SITA team;
· Administrative and logistical support in organizing conferences, workshops, trainings and other project activities. This includes writing / formatting agendas and other documents, confirming participants, taking registration, compiling and saving all documents and ensuring evaluation forms are filled in and communicated back to PCU Geneva;
· The incumbent will be updating stakeholder contact lists for Uganda and sharing with SITA Headquarters’ office in Geneva;
· Where needed, accompany stakeholders and / or ITC teams on missions, to provide support in the implementation of the activity.
· The key results will support the smooth functioning of the administrative functions of the project, in accordance with ITC-UNDP policies and procedures and donor requirements;
· It will also ensure good communication with the project’s stakeholders and thereby directly contribute to the planned results as per log frame of the project;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNDP Senior Administrative Clerk - SITA Project Implementation job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Administration, Project management, Development or a related subject
· A minimum seven years’ experience in program support, in finance and/ or administrative functions.
· Previous experience in working on trade and investment promotion programs in particular will be advantageous.
· Prior exposure and experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
· Prior experience building and maintaining partnerships with Government, other development partners and the private sector.
· Demonstrates integrity by displaying the ITC and UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of ITC and UNDP;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
· Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the project, especially in administrative / logistical support;
· Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internet, power point;
· Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with project partners and stakeholders;
· Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and report information and workflow
· Excellent interpersonal skills, proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills;
· Ability to organize and prioritize work independently;
· Excellent writing and presentation skills;
· Familiarity with the economic and institutional situation in the country.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates desiring to serve the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the aforementioned capacity should express their interest by visiting the UN recruitment website and clicking Apply Now.
Deadline: 16th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline