Job Title: Audit Assistant
Organization: United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 16-Audit-OIOS-69061-J-Entebbe (M)
Report to: Chief of Service of IAD
The Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) was established in July 1994 as an operationally independent office that assists the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization through monitoring, internal audit, inspection, evaluation and investigation. The Office has the authority to initiate, carry out and report on any action it considers necessary to fulfill its responsibilities with regard to its oversight functions.
Job Summary: The Audit Assistant will offer support in the areas of finance, management and administration and operations. The incumbent at this level works as a member of an audit team and usually reports to an Auditor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Audit Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
· Collects relevant information and documentation related to specific audit assignments; calculates, computes and verifies data.
· Prepares spreadsheet, verifies footings, extensions and postings and traces original evidence into the records, e.g., personnel documents, budget, accounting vouchers, purchase orders, contracts, requisitions, receiving and inspection reports and invoices.
· Offers support in observing random physical inventory of property in various departments throughout the Organisation.
· Performs any other duties as may be required such as administrative-related tasks: assisting in coding and monitoring recommendations, recording of time and attendance, assisting in travel arrangements, tracking status of audit assignments, documenting minutes of section meetings.
· Assists in organizing and maintaining the audit working papers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the United Nations OIOS Audit Assistant job placement should hold a High school diploma or equivalent.
· At least six years’ experience in audit, accounting, finance, administrative services or related area.
· Previous experience in the United Nations system is desirable.
· Languages: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
· Professionalism: Ability to conduct research and retrieve materials from various sources. Ability to maintain accurate records, process a wide variety of data. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies. Knowledge of the United Nations financial rules and regulations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
· Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
· Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates desiring to serve the United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) in the aforementioned capacity should express their interest by visiting the UN recruitment website and clicking Apply Now.
Deadline: 17th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline