Job Title: Transport Officer
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps is an International non-profit organization that has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Job Summary: The Transport Officer will work within the Operations department, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries. The Transport Officer will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in the described Area of Responsibility (AOR). Through enforcing the established Mercy Corps Fleet Management Policy Guidelines the Transport Officer will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department. The Transport Officer manages the safety of all assigned vehicles and keeps proper records of vehicle related documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of general management of agency vehicles in co-operation with the Operations Director.
· Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
· Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation.
· Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
· Tasked with the continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets.
· Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs.
· Ensure trip tickets are used by program staff and approved by necessary persons.
· Maintain vehicle movement board daily.
· Organize cleaning of vehicles.
· The incumbent will manage and ensure proper use of the vehicles.
· Manage fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
· Organize regular service schedules for vehicles. Maintain service schedule files.
· Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
· Track vehicle expenses in accordance with the respective procurement policy.
· File Monthly Vehicle Consumables sheet for each vehicle separately.
· Order and maintain stock of spare parts and consumables.
· Manage drivers’ leave schedules ensuring smooth operation of the fleet.
· Work closely with Human Resources to ensure proper tracking of drivers’ HR files.
· Ensure drivers are licensed and trained.
· Actively participate in hiring and disciplinary measures for drivers.
· Coordinate with communications department to ensure regular vehicle communications.
· Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
· Work in liaison with Security; organize levies as needed for field trips.
· Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
· Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
· Responsible for oversight of vehicle rentals including tracking of leases and payments.
· Act as Asset Controller for MC Uganda
· In charge of the maintenance a computerized asset database of all assets belonging to Mercy Corps Uganda program (includes coordination with finance department).
· Offer support in the implementation of asset tracking system including use of asset tags, movement of assets and upkeep of an asset register.
· Making of asset MC System as it could be centralized through main office Kampala.
· All other activities as assigned to ensure the smooth logistics operation;
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Transport Officer job opportunity should a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
· At least three years’ experience in vehicle fleet management preferred
· Thorough technical knowledge of Toyota Land Cruiser and Toyota Hilux vehicles
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS-Excel and MS Word skills
· Good spoken and written English
· Possess a valid drivers’ license and extensive driving experience
· Clean record
· Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
· Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
· Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
How to Apply:
All prospective Ugandans who wish to join Mercy Corps are encouraged to send their applications via email including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to email@example.com addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road.
Deadline: 7th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline