Job Title: Field Officers (Several Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Uganda
Whave is a Ugandan social enterprise working with communities, government, and civil society organisations to find and demonstrate solutions to poverty and environmental issues. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
About Whave Programme:
Whave implements a Safe Water Security Programme which develops a self-sustaining rural water service through a localized results-based financing and public-private partnership. Our approach includes rehabilitation of water sources, regular monitoring through a comprehensive set of indicators, operation and maintenance services for reliability assurance and hygiene and sanitation promotion. The aim is to improve health and productivity of local communities through a reliable supply of clean water and improved hygiene.
Job Summary: The Field Officer will support the implementation of Whave’s project in Kamuli / Nakaseke to improve access to safe water in rural areas. The main tasks of the Field Officer will be to develop strong relationships with communities, local politicians and civil servants and to clearly communicate on WASH issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of establishing / reactivating water and sanitation committees including providing relevant training
· The incumbent will be making agreements to provide preventive maintenance services for water sources
· Overseeing technical work by local technicians
· Responsible for improving community sanitation and hygiene, particularly in the safe water chain
· Working closely with local officials from the district and sub-counties and developing local by-laws
· Ensuring compliance to by-laws
· Develop secure saving options for by-law water user fees
· The Field Officer is also expected to provide admin support in addition to the above duties. This includes sharing your skills with other members of the team, general administration and keeping of accounts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Field Officers should hold Degree level qualifications
· Previous experience and understanding in community development and local government structures
· High level communication and interpersonal skills
· Adequate computer skills such as knowledge of Excel and Word
· Preferably the ability to ride a motorbike
· Good Lusoga or Luganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe why this post interests you and why you think you can achieve good results in your covering letter.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline