Organisation: National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Planning and Capital Development
National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organisation in the Water sector in Uganda with a Vision “To be a leading Water Utility in the World.” NWSC is a utility parastatal 100% owned by The Government of Uganda. It was established in 1972 under decree No: 34. The mandate of the Corporation as defined in the National Water & Sewerage Corporation Statute of 1995, Section 5 (1), is to operate and provide water and sewerage services in areas entrusted to it, on a sound, commercial and viable basis. The NWSC operations were initially in three towns of Kampala, Jinja, and Entebbe.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager-WATSAN Infrastructure Planning & Programme Management will mainly supervise and manage development of short, medium and long term capital investment plans that allow the Corporation to sustainably meet service demands in each of the operational areas to the satisfaction of the customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare strategic investment plans to guide Water and Sanitation infrastructure development plans in National Water and Sewerage Corporation.
· The incumbent will also prepare concept notes and priority project proposals for funding and subsequent implementation.
· Prepare annual plans and budget for Capital investments projects to be undertaken by the Corporation.
· Carry out the day to day planning and management of the infrastructure planning department.
· Prepare terms of reference and tender documents for consultancy services and works contracts.
· Conduct supervision of consultants and contractors
· Ensure effective management of all stakeholders involved in the project planning and implementation process.
· Prepare and submit periodic project performance reports in a timely manner.
· Perform any other duties that will be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for this vacancy must hold a Master of Science Degree, or equivalent, in Civil Engineering field or related Engineering discipline
· Membership with other relevant professional bodies is an added advantage
· Possession of a post-graduate education in project management field is an added advantage
· At least eleven years of post-qualification experience in vibrant engineering enterprise of which five years must have been in Senior Management position
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Have Enthusiasm, positive energy and sense of humor
· Familiarity with the standard engineering principles and international code practices
· Broad knowledge and understanding of supervision and implementation of donor funded projects is a prerequisite.
· Significant knowledge in developing project proposals and must have been involved in undertaking feasibility and detailed engineering studies and preparation of tender dossier for WATSAN projects
· Broad knowledge and understanding and appreciation of project appraisal skills is a prerequisite.
· Familiarity with geographic information systems.
· Ability to make frequent and extended trips to project sites,
· Must demonstrate good temperament, judgment and human relation skills and be able to communicate with developing partners, consultants, engineers, surveyors and others members of the public
· Age: 30 - 45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send in their applications (hard copies) addressed to the Senior Manager Human Resources, National Water and Sewerage Corporation, Plot 39 Jinja Rd, P.O. Box 7053, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 18th November, 2016 by 5pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline