Job Title: Senior Logistics Associate
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project Name: USAID Uganda Health Supply Chain UHSC Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), Program Manager (Ministry of Health Senior Technical Officer - NMCP
Job ID: 13-9284
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID UHSC Project:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is implementing a USAID-funded project called the Uganda Health Supply Chain, a five year program supporting the Government of Uganda’s health system to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS). The expected results of are to: 1) strengthen national policies and strategies and support cost-effective, equitable, and transparent utilization of EMHS resources; 2) strengthen country capacity for effective management and utilization of EMHS; and 3) increase availability and access of EMHS among priority populations.
Job Summary: The Senior Logistics Associate – Warehouse and Distribution Management will work in close collaboration with the Universal Coverage Campaign (UCC) logistics sub-committee of the national coordination committee and the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) team through operationalization of the warehouse and distribution components of the UCC Logistics Plan of Action.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will coordinate the oversight to warehouses to ensure appropriate segregation of Long Lasting Insecticidal Net (LLINs) by type, classification and destination
· Manage the process of release of LLINs from the central warehouse
· Coordinate with the mTRAC team to ensure appropriate tracking of the LLINs during the distribution from national level to Sub-County level
· Regularly reconcile the LLINs distribution data from central warehouse to the sub-county level and flag key discrepancies for action by the Logistics Sub-committee and National Coordination Committee as shall be required
· Prepare and submit warehouse, central level distribution and reconciliation reports for every wave and supply sources of the LLINs.
· Significantly contribute to preparation of logistics and supply chain component of the final UCC report
· Develop or prepare the following:
o Action plan or work plan for management of warehouses and sub-national distribution of LLINs under the Logistics Plan of Action
o Central to sub-national distribution, redistribution, reconciliation and reverse logistics reports for each wave of the mass campaign
o Logistics and supply chain component of the final UCC report completed in April 2017
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Senior Logistics Associate job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Pharmacy or Operations Management.
· Possession of post-graduate qualifications in areas of business administration, supply chain management, public health, epidemiology is desirable.
· Training or demonstrable skills in management of health and malaria commodities, LLINs mass campaign management highly essential.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in managing and oversight to warehouse operations and distribution management for a large and complex operations program
· Excellent warehouse and distribution management skills.
· Detailed oriented and having strong organizational skills.
· Emotionally and politically savvy.
· Self-driven, flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Highly flexible and creative.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline