Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor - Technical (SIA/T)
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor, Technical (SIA/T) will be tasked with the analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of, and report on, the robustness of REA’s operational and risk management controls, its technical operating policies and procedures and its structures and systems design setups as they relate to achieve the RESP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Risk Assessment- Actively participate in risk assessment as a basis of determining audit priorities, scope and objectives in technical areas.
· Provide assurance and/or verify technical assumptions of practices by REA in fulfilment of the RESP.
· Proper equipment and materials have been installed and commissioned in RE projects.
· Ensure adherence by all stakeholders to REA’s Technical Operating Standards, other applicable laws/regulations, and best practice.
· Adherence by the REA’s Service Providers with the technical standards of their respective contracts with the Board.
· Project change-orders/variations, confirm their performance, and verify contractor’s claims in that regard.
· Quality of the certification of works by REA’s technical staff and 3rd party construction supervising consultants.
· Investigate customer-reported technical compliance issues.
· Investigate causes of equipment and systems malfunction or failure and comment on the proposed corrective action (if at divergence).
Testing and witnessing the delivery of electricity materials and supplies
· Provide assurance over the criteria for selecting, procuring, testing, installing and accepting RE electricity components and equipment.
· Help build the technical capacity of Auditors by disseminating technical knowledge during the witnessing and testing of technical deliveries.
· Attend factory acceptance tests (FATS) as assigned by the Head of Audit.
· Actively participate in developing technical standards as appropriate.
· Issue queries with regards to technical supplies, materials and services.
· Issue audit queries, verify responses, and develop end-of-assignment audit reports for review by the Head of Audit.
· Consolidate end-of-assignment reports into the Monthly Technical Audit Compliance (the ‘MTAC’) Report, into the Quarterly Technical Audit Compliance Report (‘QTAC’).
· Prepare ad-hoc management, risk mitigation plans, and other external and internal compliance related reports and fulfill data requests.
· Support the presentation of technical-compliance related findings and recommendations to different stakeholders including to 3rd parties.
Research and continuous professional development
· Stay abreast with the standards of best practice in Rural Electrification sector through participation in continuous professional development programs, networking with peers and other players in the sector, and also through researching and analyzing technical data in order to gather statistical information necessary to benchmark REA’s compliance practices.
· Offer support in the selection of training for other staff in this area as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Senior Internal Auditor - Technical (SIA/T) job opportunity should a University Degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Possession of or pursuing recognized professional auditing/accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIA is of great advantage.
· Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
· The position therefore requires a proficient knowledge and understanding of electrical systems (i.e. design, planning and development), electrical distribution system operations, associated processes and procedures, and the ‘Grid Code’; as well, a background in auditing is also necessary.
· Broad knowledge of power Audits, procedures including planning, techniques, tests and sampling methods.
· Required computer knowledge that facilitates general Auditing performance.
· At least five years’ experience in handling power Audits in a busy and reputable organization in the electricity industry.
· High degree of personal integrity and can demonstrate objectivity and independence while conducting audit assignments.
· Possess a clean and valid driving permit
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 5.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline