Job Title: Senior Finance Officer-LLIN
Organization: Malaria Consortium
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Finance Manager
Salary: USD 11,907.20 per annum
About Malaria Consortium:
Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About LLIN Project:
Malaria Consortium is the lead agency supporting the Ministry of Health to distribute 24 million LLINs through the Universal LLINs distribution campaign in all districts in Uganda. The campaign will be funded jointly by government of Uganda and Partners including The Global Fund, DFID, USAID/PMI and Against Malaria Foundation. The LLINs distribution will be implemented starting in November 2016 for approximately 10 months.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Officer-LLIN will maintain and control the completeness and accuracy of the financial system and records during the Universal LLIN Distribution exercise. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the completeness and accuracy of the financial data and ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Administration (60%)
· The Senior Finance Officer-LLIN will act as the first point of contact for all payment and queries relating to the Universal LLIN Distribution Exercise.
· Support the management accountant with queries relating to project’ accounts
· Manage and oversee the entry of all Ugandan shilling payments and receipts into the GL for the Universal LLIN Distribution Exercise
· Keenly review advance requests in accordance with Malaria Consortium policies
· Review all accountabilities for the LLIN distribution for accuracy on a timely manner and ensure that all queries are addressed on time.
· Follow-up on outstanding advances with the Accounts Officers and ensure they are chased up and cleared, posted in PSF and properly filled.
· Ensure that all paybacks receipted using the MC receipt voucher and deposited to appropriate MC account on time
PS Financial System (30%)
· Check the correctness of coding, completeness of financial documents for the and review the batches of invoices and payments prior to posting to the accounting system relating to the Universal LLIN Distribution Exercise.
· Prepare JVs for approval by the Country Finance Manager for any adjustments as necessary and keep the JV form sequentially in file
· Prepare reconciliations of Advance accounts for the SMP program staff every month
Supervisory (10%): Manage the Field Finance Officers’s work on the Universal LLIN Distribution Exercise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Malaria Consortium Senior Finance Officer-LLIN job opportunity should be a Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant
· At least three years’ experience with NGO work, audit experience, with at least one year in a managerial position.
· Previous experience of USAID compliance is desired
· Working knowledge of NGO sector
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good excel and other software skills
· Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
· Good analytical and reporting skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to be able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
· Working knowledge of accounting software
· Keen attention to detail
Delivering Results: Focuses on delivering contribution to Malaria Consortium and achieving own objectives
· Puts in effort required to ensure the delivery of own work and objectives to meet (and exceed) expectations
· Strong self management of time and effort
· Checks own work to ensure quality
Analysis and use of information: Gathers information and identifies problems effectively
· Interprets basic written information
· Keen attention to detail
· Follows guidelines to identify issues
· Recognises problems within their remit
· Uses appropriate methods for gathering and summarising data
Interpersonal and Communications: Listens and clearly presents information
· Actively listens and pays attention
· Presents information and facts in a logical way
· Shares information willingly and on a timely basis
· Communicates honestly, respectfully and sensitively
Collaboration and partnering: Is a good and effective team player
· Is as a good and effective team player
· Knows who their customers are and their requirements.
· Respects and listens to different views/opinions
· Actively collaborates across teams to achieve objectives and develop own thinking
· Proactive in providing and seeking support from team members
Leading and motivating people: Manages own development and seeks opportunities
· Actively manages own development and performance positively
· Learns lessons from successes and failures
· Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise
Flexibility/ adaptability: Recognizes own stress levels and adapts
· Recognises limitations and take steps to manage any resulting pressure or stress
· Remains focused on objectives and goal in a rapidly changing environment
· Takes responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
Living the values: Promotes Malaria Consortium values amongst peers
· Shows a readiness to promote Malaria Consortium’s values amongst peers
· Promotes ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness: Manages own workload effectively
· Plans and manages own workload effectively
· Is familiar with Malaria Consortium’s mission and current strategic plan.
· Understands own contribution to Malaria Consortium’s objectives
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 11:59 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline