Job Title: Senior Credit Officer
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Credit and Operations
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Senior Credit Officer will assist the Manager Credit & Operations to ensure that the credit function operates efficiently. The incumbent will support the zones in ensuring that operations run efficiently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly analyse the performance of the loan portfolio and provide remedial action where necessary
· Review institutional appraisal reports for funding
· Work closely with the Zones to ensure that work plans are implemented
· Gather, analyse , reconcile and report credit performance information as required to support performance and standards on a periodic basis
· The incumbent will generate and evaluate client credit status, credit utilization and credit sales reports
· Regularly check on loan management in the zones to ensure compliance with the credit terms
· Work with the zones to ensure that all data produced for reporting purposes is validated.
· Offer support in predicting and evaluating credit risk
Key Result Areas:
· Monthly Reporting
· Timely approvals of work plans
· Timely approvals and loan disbursements
· Proper implementation of credit policies & Guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the MSC Senior Credit Officer career opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in Microfinance, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
· Possession of a master’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field is desirable
· A minimum of six years’ relevant experience in provision of financial services preferably with a reputable Financial Institution, two (2) of which should be supervisory level.
· Previous experience in credit analysis will be desirable
· Good computer skills.
· Ability to manage others
· Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal relationship Skills.
· Ability to inspire, motivate and influence at all levels of partnerships.
· Ability to demonstrate assertive behavior, a creative, innovative and self-motivated person.
· Ability to demonstrate business acumen with the flexibility and creativity to achieve results, a person of Innovation and flexibility in marketing and PR
· Ability to generate new ideas, solutions and develop creative approaches.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others to be part of a team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline