Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Reports to: Outreach QA Advisor
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University - John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Senior Community Linkages and Retention Coordinator is mainly responsible for working through the Community linkages coordinators and other field based project team members to contribute to improved linkages along the continuum of care and improved retention of all HIV positive clients at IDI supported health facilities. The incumbent will also coordinate activities to support intra/ inter facility linkages and facility –community linkages and retention of clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the formulation and functionalization of PLHIV networks in all the supported regions
· Oversee the selection and official engagement of CBOs and other community level structures and stakeholders that can be used to link health facilities to the communities.
· Establish and maintain a robust and functional system of HIV/AIDS client follow up of those who have missed appointments and the lost to follow ups
· Establish, operationalize and maintain strategies that will be used to decongest HIV clinics in the supported facilities following the recent guidance from PEPFAR. (I.e. differentiated models).
· In charge of strengthening liaison between the district health department and the Community department in all supported districts in the response to the HIV AIDS epidemic.
· Coordinate all community level project supported activities and partners (e.g. CBOs, PLHIV networks, Community dialogue meetings etc.)
· Provide oversight for the roll out of differentiated models of HIV/AIDS care across all IDI supported regions.
· Regular and timely planning, budgeting and reporting for all the supported activities
· Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The IDI Senior Community Linkages and Retention Coordinator should hold a bachelor’s degree in a health/medical related field plus a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related health fields
· Specialized training in HIV/AIDS is an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years of practical community HIV/AIDS/TB community level work experience.
· Previous experience providing Technical Assistance to large scale PEPFAR funded HIV/AIDS Health Systems Strengthening interventions within MoH structures and systems.
· Broad knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS/TB client linkage and retention strategies at facility and community level
· Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the most up to date HIV/AIDS/TB client linkage and retention tools used at facility and community level
· Good working knowledge and experience of PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDS/TB programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
· Working knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations, MoH and district structures, procedures and practices.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their application cover letter, CVs (with 2 professional referees) and copies of their academic credentials to:
The Manager, Human Resources,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline