Job Title: Senior Communications Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Manager
Job ID: 13-9300
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Senior Communications Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Chief of Party, Senior Finance and Administration Manager, Project Directors and field teams, to mange UHSC communication activities. S/e will oversee the implementation of the UHSC Communications strategy and will ensure the UHSC visibility in the country. The Senior Communications Specialist manages both internal and external communications in close collaboration with the MSH Head Office Communications team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Value Chain bi-annual Newsletter:
· Lead the Editorial Board of the Value Chain bi-annual Newsletter, which provides news and information about the pharmaceutical Uganda sector.
· Lead the process of generating articles and success stories for the news letter.
· Organizes the publication and distribution of the newsletter’s hard and soft copies according UHSC stakeholders’ mailing list.
· Makes the graphics designing and layout of the newsletter.
· Collect ideas of success stories from UHSC activities, reports, project staff and field visits.
· Guides and trains the project staff on success story writing, in a form acceptable for USAID.
· Write success stories according to USAID guidelines.
· Distributes the success stories to USAID, MSH head Office, Ministry of Health, and other stake holders.
Overall UHSC Visibility:
· Manage the UHSC brand in country and develop communication products to promote MSH visibility.
· Develop, update, implement, monitor and track the Communication strategy.
· The jobholder will document, collect and share with UHSC Uganda staff and consultants, important information, announcements, articles, calls for conferences, minutes of meetings, etc. whenever they are available.
· Ensure professional and accurate media engagement of UHSC, in coordination with the Director of Strategic Communications in the Home Office.
· Share UHSC Uganda news, information and articles with Friday Focus editorial committee for publishing. Update MSH Uganda pages on OLLIE (Online Learning and Information Exchange) with the most current UHSC information.
· Ensure the country information on the MSH external and internal (Ollie) websites is continuously updated and staff informed accordingly. Provide updates to MSH intranet and on Friday Focus.
· Represent UHSC at communications related activities at national level.
· Be in contact with USAID Uganda Development Outreach and Communication (DOC) Officer to communicate UHSC’s visibility tools in the form of Value Chain newsletter, success stories, media engagements, video documentaries and clips, branding, published articles in scientific journals, etc.
· Perform any other project communications duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Senior Communications Specialist career opportunity should hold a Bachelor's degree in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism.
· At least five years of relevant experience in communication and public relations, working at national and international levels.
· Previous exposure and experience in working with donor agencies, particularly USAID.
· Strong working knowledge of communications interventions to document and share organization successes.
· Good computer skills in Microsoft Office software, Power point, different design and publishing applications.
· Strong media engagement skills and ability to promote MSH visibility to external audiences.
· Previous experience in designing strategic information, communication plans and activities.
· Demonstrated ability in monitoring and evaluation of large corporate communication interventions.
· Strong skills and ability to produce high quality promotional materials through field photographs, testimonies and video clips. Experience in using social media.
· Strong skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audience.
· Excellent strategic planning and visioning skills.
· Previous exposure and experience in advocacy, networking and collaboration with other partners.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in multi-national teams.
· Excellent coordination, collaboration, and written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Excellent knowledge of English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 24th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline