Job Title: Senior Associate
Organisation: Duma Works
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients. Our client is a professional services firm that provides financial consultancy services including assurance and business advisory services, business planning, feasibility studies & project proposal preparation, human resource, risk management and information system solutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Associate actively participates in and leads staff on audit and accounting engagements. The incumbent is afforded the opportunity to undertake more challenging assignments, clients, staff responsibilities relating to auditing procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality;
· Run client audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing and completing integrated and financial statement audits, and managing their to budget;
· Supervise, train, and mentor audit associates and interns on the audit process, and assess performance of audit staff for audit engagement reviews and quarterly performance reviews;
· Work closely with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit engagements;
· Research and analyze accounting issues and transactions, and audit-related and tax-related issues utilizing computer programs, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information;
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform the audit engagement;
· Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements;
· Support audit partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls;
· Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives, and utilize that knowledge on the audit engagements;
· Actively participate in the firm’s on-going audit recruiting efforts as needed; and.
· Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Senior Associate job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related business field required;
· Professional qualifications i.e. CPA, ACCA, or CIMA is highly desirable;
· At least three to five years of progressive audit experience in a professional services firm;
· Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills;
· Strong technical accounting and auditing skills;
· Ability to supervise audit staff and lead client projects;
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships;
· Ability to manage multiple client engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;
· Strong leadership, recruiting, training and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
· Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills;
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software;
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
· Fluent in English;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “2488”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2488 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. You can also send updated CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline