Job Title: Senior Accountant
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the documentation and posting entries after necessary approvals, of various journal vouchers, credit notes, debit notes, coffee procurement documents, and other accounting documents as required for recording transactions.
· Responsible for reconciling all bank accounts of the company on a routine basis.
· Reconciling debtors and prepayments, creditors and accruals, fixed assets, and any other ledgers as may be required.
· Generation and submission of statutory reports and files for VAT, PAYE, Withholding Tax, Income Tax, NSSF and other statutory documents for approval and subsequent submission to the relevant authorities
· Ensuring that all accounting documents are properly filed, marked and stored, with access limited only to authorised persons
· Perform any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution
· At least three years’ experience in finance role
· Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) and accounting software is a must, excellent communication skills, careful attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and solutions
· Ability to multi-task and work with others
· Systems and applications skills.
· Ability to function at the detail level whilst bearing the big picture in mind.
· Computer literacy with proficiency in spreadsheets and accounting software.
· High integrity and strong character.
· Tact, swiftness and attention to detail are a MUST
· Good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to supervise and coach others.
· Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
· Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to engage at Board level
· Fluent in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined as above are invited to send a comprehensive CV with certified academic qualifications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Kindly mark your application as "Application _Senior Accountant” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 14th November 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline