Job Title: Security Officer
Organization: Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC) is a semi-autonomous body established by an Act of Parliament (UNCC Act Cap 50). It is mandated to preserve, promote and popularize Art and Culture in Uganda and beyond.
Job Summary: The Security Officer will be responsible for the general security of UNCC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides leadership and supervision of the security team.
· In charge of the identification and assessment of security firms/ police performance in UNCC.
· Carry out assessment of security situations and recommend appropriate response required.
· Supervises and confirms opening of the building in the morning and closing in the evenings.
· Checks patrons who are entering UNCC.
· Works closely with other security agencies
· Prepare and submit regular security reports on the Centre
· Guides on secure needs of the Centre
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a UCE with relevant qualifications.
· Additional training in one of the security courses in Uganda (Military, Police and /or Prisons).
· At least five years’ experience in security service in Government or private security organizations with a good record.
· Must have been at a level ASP/ Captain while in service.
· Possess a certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three professional referees either by post or hand delivery to;
The Human Resource and Administrative Manager,
Uganda National Cultural Centre,
Plot 2,4 &6 De-Winton Road,
P.O. Box 3187, Kampala,
Drop by hand delivery to Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC), National Theatre.
Deadline: 23rd November, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline