Job Title: Secretary
Organization: Uganda Human Rights Commission (UHRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Human Rights Commission (UHRC) is a National Human Rights Institution established under Article 51 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda to promote and protect Human Rights. The Commission is responsible for investigations and resolutions of Human Rights complaints as well as monitoring places of detention and the county’s compliance with Human Rights treaties and conventions as well as conducting Civic education and carrying out Research in Human Rights.
Job Summary: The Secretary to the Commission is the Accounting Officer of the Commission. The Secretary shall be responsible for carrying out policy decisions of the Commission and the day to day administration and management of the affairs of the Commission and the control of staff of the Commission. The Secretary shall also be responsible for arranging the business of the Commission as well as recording and keeping of the Minutes, decisions and proceedings of the Commission meetings and to perform any other function assigned to him/her by the Commission.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants must be Ugandans holding a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University in the following areas: Public administration, Law, Finance, or Accounting. Possession of a Master’s degree in any of the above fields, A Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration is an added advantage.
· At least five years’ experience and should currently be holding a senior position at no less a rank than Director in Public Service, or Senior manager in Private sector
· Demonstrated competence in conducting the day to day operations of a large organisation including but not restricted to Finance, Human Resource, Communication and Planning.
· Relevant working experience as Senior Manager
· Knowledge of Procedures and regulations related to the operations of Government of Uganda and Donor Agencies.
· Proven Leadership skills, capable of training an organisation and a demonstrated ability to engage people in the attainment of long goals and objectives
· Experience in strategic planning and producing results
· Outstanding analytical, team building and interpersonal skills
· Strong communication skills and ability to represent the Commission
· Knowledge and appreciation of Human Rights.
· Age: Above 45 years
NB: This is a re-advertisement so those who applied earlier need not apply again.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their written applications with a complete resume and addressed to:
Uganda Human Rights Commission,
Twed Plaza, Plot 22B Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 4929, Kampala Uganda
Deadline: 16th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline