Job Title: School WASH Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The School WASH Manager will be tasked with the development and implementation of the WaterAid Uganda’s (WAU’s) School WASH project within the integrated WAU programmes. The jobholder will also be developing School WASH programme plans, coordinating and facilitating implementation support to other programmes and partners engaged in WASH service delivery in an integrated way. He / she will offer support in the development of school the WASH strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The School WASH Manager will take lead in the development of School WASH project proposals integrated within WAU programme in line with specific donor grant requirements
· Institute a School WASH implementation framework to achieve programme objectives in line with the education ministry school curriculum
· Organise and facilitate capacity needs assessment and development plans for WAU partners in developing, implementation and managing of SWASH.
· The incumbent will document lessons and experiences from the projects activities and process.
· Regularly monitor implementation of the school wash programme and prepare key reports on the basis of organizational policies and procedures including monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports.
· Represent WAU at relevant School WASH forums for lobbying, experience sharing, learning and profile building of WAU.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid School WASH Manager job opportunity must hold a Bachelors of Engineering or qualification in economics, public policy, political science, social sciences or related field
· A minimum of six years of relevant experience.
· Prior experience of partner capacity development strategies
· Skills and experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline