Job Title: Scale-up Program Officer
Project Name: Sayana Press Project
Funding Source: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tracking Code: 7823
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
About Sayana Press Project:
The Sayana Press Project is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF). Sayana Press (SP) is an innovative subcutaneous contraceptive. The project facilitates the introduction of Sayana Press through existing delivery channels in four African countries - Senegal, Burkina Faso, Niger and Uganda. Research on the new delivery mode of Sayana Press self-injection in Senegal and Uganda is underway. A new project will launch in January 2017 to generate evidence and guidance that decision-makers and implementers in Uganda and beyond can use to advance self-injection programs. This work will provide insights on how to design and implement self-injection programs that are cost-efficient but still achieve client proficiency and satisfaction; reach a range of women and adolescents through multiple channels; and ensure acceptability among health providers across multiple channels. The principal results of this new project will be optimal self-injection program components that can advance scalable and replicable self-injection programs in Uganda and elsewhere.
Job Summary: The Scale-Up Program Officer will support the coordination of the expansion and scale up of Sayana Press in Uganda, working closely with the Project Manager. The Scale-Up Program Officer will manage the task force on an ongoing basis, with support from the Program Assistant, including tracking membership and on-boarding new members, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, tracking follow-up, and preparing regular scale-up progress reports for the MOH, donors, and task force, lead collaborative development of an integrated Sayana Press scale-up plan and work with the Project Manager to secure buy-in and support for the plan across partners, support the Project Manager and the Uganda Ministry of Health to convene a task force of relevant partners and agencies involved in Sayana Press introduction and scale-up.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Project Manager and the Uganda Ministry of Health to convene a task force of relevant partners and agencies involved in Sayana Press introduction and scale-up.
· Lead collaborative development of an integrated Sayana Press scale-up plan and work with the Project Manager to secure buy-in and support for the plan across partners.
· Manage the task force on an ongoing basis, with support from the Program Assistant, including tracking membership and on-boarding new members, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, tracking follow-up, and preparing regular scale-up progress reports for the MOH, donors, and task force.
· Regularly monitor high-level implementation of the scale-up plan across institutions and track progress toward key milestones set forth by the task force.
· Work closely with task force members and the PATH team to identify and address technical challenges during scale-up, including facilitating technical support for key activities (e.g., training, monitoring)
· Support the Project Manager to track integration of Sayana Press into national systems, including product procurement, distribution, and health monitoring and information systems, as well as relevant policies.
· Work in liaison with the PATH team to identify opportunities to integrate new self-injection project results in scale-up planning and implementation.
· Actively participate in overall project and team planning activities, working closely with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager to coordinate relationship-building with governmental and non-governmental partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the PATH International Scale-up Program Officer career opportunity should have at least five to seven years of professional experience in related field.
· Previous exposure and experience in reproductive health and familiarity with reproductive health and family planning products and services.
· An experienced networker with a proven track record of interacting with governments, civil society, private sector and donor agencies.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate and advance multi-partner initiatives: proven ability to lead from behind.
· Previous experience convening multiple stakeholders across institutions to develop work plans and monitor implementation toward a common goal.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; rigorous attention to detail.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities; demonstrated ability to move forward in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to work with a variety of work styles and personalities including cross-culturally
· Demonstrated success working effectively while under deadlines.
· Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision.
· Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join PATH in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online by clicking the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline