Job Title: Sanitation Business Solutions Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Sanitation Business Solutions Manager will support WaterAid in the development of sanitation and Hygiene business marketing models for scale up services. The incumbent will also develop effective and efficient delivery of Sanitation and Hygiene practices in coalition with Water Supply, coordinating their interventions and representatively providing a forum for relevant stakeholders and authorities to address obstacles. The jobholder will be tasked with networking and Knowledge Management, Advocacy and Communications for debate and influence on Sanitation and Hygiene improvement. The incumbent will offer technical leadership in the implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the water and sanitation component.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop Sanitation, Hygiene implementation and behavioural change plans based on appropriate approached and technologies as different communities of WAU’S operations
· The incumbent will identify best of practice .approaches and technologies for documentation and scaling up within the WASH networks, WAU partner organisations, Education, Health and Urban development sectors.
· Work closely with the Policy Analyst to identify policy gaps in enforcing sustainable sanitation awareness together with ensuring that national policies are localised to promote compliance.
· Provide strategic support to WAU partners in Sanitation and Hygiene partnership plans development and management e.g. Annual planning partner budget management, accountabilities, fund transfers, reporting etc.
· Actively participate in relevant fora at the national and districts levels to discuss the sanitation and hygiene issues e.g. National Sanitation Working Group, District and Sanitation Coordination Committee and regional TSU meetings
· Assess water and sanitation needs of the community and participate in designing appropriate intervention strategies.
· Actively contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports for the NGO and donors, including expenditure plans and situation reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Sanitation Business Solutions Manager career placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Water Engineering, Civil & Building or related field.
· Possession of a Postgraduate training in Water Engineering is essential.
· At least six years’ experience implementing water & sanitation related projects, using community-based approaches in an NGO setting.
· Proven practical experience in the construction of low cost water sanitation technologies using community-based approaches.
· Prior exposure and experience in supervising contractors and ability to initiate and complete assignments under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
· Working knowledge and usage of participatory approaches in project implementation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline