Job Title: Regional Manager
Organisation: Promoting Equality in African Schools (PEAS UK)
Reports to: Deputy Country Director - Programmes
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Promoting Equality in African Schools (PEAS UK) is a UK-based charity with a mission ‘to unlock the potential of Africa by expanding access to affordable quality secondary education.’ We run the fastest growing network of sustainably financed secondary schools in Africa. We currently have a network of 24 schools across Uganda and Zambia, educating around 13,000 students. PEAS is supported by major corporate, government and private funders and our innovative financial model is pioneering in the field of public private partnerships in development education.
Job Summary: The Regional Manager serves as an integral member of the Extended Senior Management Team (SMT) and is responsible for delivering organisation’s region-wide results on a day-to-day basis. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to development and implementation of PEAS strategy in the region. The jobholder will manage operations, talent management, financial accountability, representation of PEAS in the region in consultation with relevant colleagues in the secretariat and ensuring each school makes rapid and sustained progress in improving access, quality and sustainability. The Regional Manager plays a central role in implementation of relevant PEAS policies especially ensuring zero tolerance to child protection issues. The Regional Manager will be responsible for ensuring value for money and sustainable use of all PEAS resources in the region and maximizing opportunities for coordinating learning to increase on impact. This is an outstanding opportunity for an inspirational manager with strong people management, programme coordination, sound political/analytical capability, financial accountability and strong commitment to joining a fast growing, value for money focused and mission-driven organisation.
Key Performance Areas:
· Regional programme strategy development and implementation
· Effective Finance and Operations Management
· Building motivated regional teams
· General Administration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Works and Administrations, Development Studies, Education with bias to management. Possession of a Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
· At least three years of mid-senior management and leadership experience in programme and operational capacity
· Previous experience in implementing organisation policies across finance, operations, and HR, together with overseeing operational adherence.
· Prior exposure and experience performance management skills to ensure key deliverables are achieved on an individual, departmental and organisation wide basis.
· Previous experience in budgeting, cash flow management and monthly management accounts reporting and overall management of financial systems and processes.
· Previous experience in working with dispersed and diverse team
· Experience of working in a not-for-profit setting
· Ability to make high quality business decisions on a timely basis that ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the organisation and ‘value for money.’
· Able to get things done by focusing on solutions as opposed to problems and able to see the big picture while demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
· Able to work well under pressure and deliver work with high levels of accuracy to tight deadlines across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Demonstrates PEAS values of effective, empowering, enduring, genuine & collaborative
· Able to work effectively with staff of all levels.
· Good judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates must send their applications (paying particular attention to the person specification) and curriculum vita to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Plot 2881, Block 216, Ntinda Kisaasi,
Mumbejja Road opposite Ndere Centre.
P. O. Box 23308, Kampala, Uganda.
OR Send your Application and CV only to: email: email@example.com
NB: Please include all portions of your application in one attached document as a PDF document, and use Regional Manager as the subject of your email.
Deadline: 28th November 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline