Job Title: Regional Allied Health Supervisor
Organisation: Allied Health Professionals’ Council (AHPC)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
The Allied Health Professionals’ Council was established by an Act of Parliament in 1996, cap 268. The Council has a mandate to regulate, supervise and control the training, practice and for other connected matters of Allied Health professional in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Regional Allied Health Supervisor will exercise general supervision and control over allied health professionals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Exercise general supervision over the Allied Health Professionals in the area of jurisdiction,
· Conduct spot/regular inspections of the health units to check on standards of professional practice and compliance with the law,
· Conduct inspection of premises to ensure suitability thereof for practice
· Prepare and submit periodic reports to relevant authorities
· Investigate and report on cases of malpractice, misconduct or negligence as may be required.
· Prepare and maintain an update an inventory of health facilities and professionals
· Report death of Allied Health Professional in accordance with the Act
· Report the details of any allied health professionals convicted of offences
· The incumbent will attend disciplinary committee sittings at times of an inquiry into the conduct of an allied health professional as may be required.
· Take care of Council assets at the regional office and allocated resources,
· Perform any other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the allied Health Professionals disciplines plus a Diploma in Management or its equivalent from a recognized awarding institution OR a diploma in any of the allied health professionals discipline plus a relevant bachelors degree in management.
· Possession of a certificate in Administrative Law shall be of added advantage
· A minimum of three years’ experience as an Allied Health Professional.
· The applicant must be registered and licensed by Allied Health Professionals Council,
· Broad knowledge and understanding of health sector regulatory framework with ability to work under minimum supervision,
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer and writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application in triplicate together with detailed curriculum vitae giving full career details, day time telephone number, address, 3 passport size coloured photos and telephone contacts for three competent referees who are not your relatives as well as certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates quoting the job reference number to the address provided below;
Allied Health Professionals Council- Uganda
Room C-001, Ministry of Health,
Plot 6 Lourdel Rd, Nakasero,
Deadline: 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline