Job Title: Quality Improvement Officer
Organisation: USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Quality and Accreditation Technical Advisor
The USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (the Program) aims to strengthen, organize and mobilize the private sector to provide Ugandans with the option of obtaining high-quality health services from private for profit (PFP) providers. The Program’s key objectives are:
· Expanded availability of health services by private service providers;
· Increased affordability of private health services and products; and
· Improved quality of private health sector facilities and services.
In September 2016, PHS scope of work was expanded to 1) continue supporting Private Health Providers to deliver essential HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, and 2) Strengthen health systems within the faith-based health sector to build a strong foundation for sustained scale up of services for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Quality Improvement Officer is primarily responsible for implementing quality improvement (QI) activities to strengthen quality of health care at USAID Uganda Private Health Support Program supported Health Facilities and Organizations, supporting the work of technical teams, Regional Ql coaches and Partner Ql teams in the program intervention areas. The incumbent will coordinate with technical QA advisor, Ql coaches, facility based Ql teams and local authorities - District Health Team (DHT) at district level as well as other Implementing Partners to enhance Qi activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement monthly activity schedules as per the Ql plan
· The incumbent will support activities for institutionalization of quality improvement in program supported health facilities and organizations.
· Support and facilitate the training, formation & functionalization of Ql teams to improve provision of services based on national quality standards
· The incumbent will organize and carry out coaching visits to Health Facility and organizations' teams to be able to identify and solve problems in service delivery
· Organize learning sessions for teams to share and learn different Ql approaches and successes
· Support Ql teams to conduct monthly data collection, analysis, use and reporting
· Support Ql teams to synthesis and document quality improvement activities
· Technically support and participate in Ql partners meetings at national, regional and district levels
· Actively participate in developing materials for trainings, learning sessions, harvest meetings and coaching visits
· Maintain database for set program and Ql team indicators
· Prepare and share biweekly, Monthly, quarterly progress reports and annual reports on implemented activities
· Document success stories arising from the implementation of the activities
· Ensure that financial regulation are concisely followed such as timely accountability of the implemented activities
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID PHS Program Quality Improvement Officer career placement should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social works, Social science, Medicine, Public Health or equivalent. Possession of Postgraduate training in Quality Improvement, Public Health & ME will be an added advantage
· A minimum of four years of technical experience in the field of HIV Care and VMMC programs in Uganda
· Clinical background with experience in health facility coaching and mentorship is desirable & preferred
· Prior experience in quality improvement methods in Health Care System
· Demonstrated-strong program implementation and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated experience in liaising with implementing partners, district local governments and community- based services
· Good computer skills
· Team building skills
· Working knowledge of USG funded Programs rules and regulations
· Ability to work under pressure, and deliver results within agreed timelines/set deadlines
· Ability to work with limited supervision
· Able to communicate and work well the private health sector (Private For Profit & Private Not-For Profit) and government structures.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications via
Deadline: 8th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline