Job Title: Projects Engineer
Organisation: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Financial Services
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999 (Chapter 145, Laws of Uganda). The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import-and Distribution of electrical energy in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Projects Engineer will be tasked with the review of permit and license applications and monitor project development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertake technical review of permit and licensee applications.
· Carry out site inspections of projects at permit and licensing stage and prepare quarterly reports on progress.
· Maintain an up-to-date data base of completed and commissioned generation projects.
· The incumbent will develop and implement a project monitoring and evaluation framework.
· Coordinate the activities of the projects/licensing task team.
· Prepare and publish information on available investment opportunities in Uganda.
· Actively promote the development of renewable and alternative technology of electricity generation in Uganda.
· Actively participate in energy planning (forecast of demand vis-s-vis supply) for the country and provide appropriate guidance to Management.
· Participate in the development of work plans & budgets for projects unit and the Technical Regulation Department.
· Develop benchmarks for generation costs.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) Projects Engineer job opportunity should hold an honour’s degree in electrical engineering.
· Possession of post graduate training in Project Management.
· A minimum of three years working in a technical/ engineering environment of an electricity generation, transmission, distribution and sales utility or comparable organization.
· Be results oriented.
· A good team player with a high degree of professionalism.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency in relevant computer packages.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Good project monitoring skills
· Age: Above 35 years old.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and enclose copies of: Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s), fax or email address of the applicant and daytime telephone numbers, fax or email addresses of three Referees) and relevant transcripts and certificates. The applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
The Manager, Human Resources & Administration,
Electricity Regulatory Authority,
Plot 15, Shimoni Road,
P. O. Box 10332, Kampala - Uganda
Deadline: 18th November, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline