Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Project Officer SGBV and Project Manager SGBV career placement should hold a University degree in Development Studies, International Law, Sociology, Political Science, Leadership and Management, Social Sciences or any relevant field with authoritative knowledge of issues relating to refugee women, gender, humanitarian and development issues, and SGBV prevention and response
· A minimum of three years’ experience in humanitarian program management, community mobilization SGBV projects with strong program/technical and budget management skills.
· Work experience in Results Based Management, including monitoring and reporting
· Previous experience with GBVIMS is an asset.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of GBV issues, knowledge, skill and experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization
· Ability to work independently while being a strong team player with proven supervisory skills
· Previous exposure and experience of monitoring and evaluation and LWF procedures and project management is also an essential part of this position
· Previous experience in working with refugees and local communities to promote community- based structures and institutions for self-management;
· Proficiency in computer programming; word processing, spreadsheets etc.;
· Experience in peacebuilding /community security projects;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One page cover letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae, CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Office of Administration/Human Resources.
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 24th November, 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline