Job Title: Project Officer Monitoring & Evaluation
Organization: Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET) is a Non-Governmental Organisation established in Uganda to harness, strengthen, and sustain synergies across the country among Legal Aid Service Providers (LASPs) in complementing Government of Uganda’s efforts for enhancing access to justice. The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) has given support to LASPNET towards implementation of project activities across the Justice, Law, and Order Sector with focus on improving coordination structures, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, policy reform approaches, capacity building initiatives, and various strategic mechanisms for taking a more proactive role in setting legal aid agenda.
Job Summary: The Project Officer Monitoring & Evaluation will take charge of the monitoring and evaluation function of the above mentioned projects and provide strategic information and feedback necessary for ensuring their effective planning and implementation. The incumbent will also be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the M&E plan for monitoring progress, evaluating programmes and disseminating results from the above projects activities specifically on the execution of court orders, contribution to the JLOS anti-corruption strategy and the barefoot law project. He / she will also manage the review; design and implementation of the organisation M&E system of the above projects which shall involve identification of M&E needs, indicators, designing the information management system, communication and reporting/dissemination systems and planning for the necessary conditions and capacities of the M&E function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish and manage a performance monitoring framework for effective monitoring, reporting and updating progress on overall project performance for the projects mentioned above.
· Ensure that the M&E system is cost-effective; results oriented system and provides the organisation with necessary information to assess the progress, effectiveness and outcome of activities.
· Lead the process of identifying M&E needs; designing and maintaining data collection systems ensuring that all necessary information coming through programme implementation routing reporting, adhoc data collection efforts and special studies is collected, analyzed and used in guiding programming and informing staff and management about the project activities and accomplishments.
· Manage the implementation of the organisation’s baseline studies, mid-term reviews and other evaluations and monitor response to the recommendations thereof
· Work closely with staff to develop project log frames, M& E plans, Standardised Operating Procedures for the different areas of operation, budget monitoring plans, data collection tools and their use and other M&E tools as appropriate
· Develop, review and update the project M&E plan and monitoring tools to foster proper implementation the process of collecting, inputting and analysing both quantitative and qualitative data from the M&E system for use throughout the project life cycle.
· Provide guidance for organisational reporting, documentation, reporting and dissemination systems
· Actively participate in preparation of periodic reports e.g. annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly work plans and reports while tracking the submission of the different periodic reports from LASPNET projects
· Lead the process of compiling the overall quarterly work plan progress report and take part in the compilation of the project annual performance report
· Use the data to systematically and consistently document achievements, success stories, best practices and lessons learned from the M&E of the different projects
· Offer timely technical support and guidance to d data managers to facilitate their work
· Provide mentorship to staff to on M&E related areas such as project design; monitor project implementation; report writing and evaluation of project performance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Project Officer Monitoring & Evaluation should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in M&E, Social work and Social administration, Social Sciences, development studies Statistics, Law, Project management or relevant subject.
· Possession of a Master’s degree in Social Sector Planning and Management (SSPPM) or development studies will be an added advantage
· A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in project planning and management, project monitoring and evaluation and other relevant fields
· Previous experience in planning and implementing M&E systems, information analysis and report writing
· A good knowledge of NGO work and other development agencies (national and international) work will be an added advantage
· Excellent analytical and computer skills
· Must be hard working, trust-worthy with a high level of integrity and respect;
· Good communication and social skills
· Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to the Executive Director via email to: email@example.com or hand deliver it to Plot 10, Block 75 Balintuma Road, Mengo with two sealed recommendations indicating the position applied for on the envelop / subject line in the E-mail.
Deadline: 30th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline