Job Title: Project Officer, Agriculture and Livelihoods and Project Manager Agriculture and Livelihoods
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) job placement should hold a Diploma in Agricultural Engineering/Farm Management/Sustainable Agriculture or other related field
· At least three to five years’ experience in a similar or lower position, with good understanding on Excellent organizational, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills (certification) principles of extension proven problem solving and decision making skills
· previous experience working with pastoralist community on development matters, advocacy and governance,
· Gender mainstreaming, children rights & community mobilization skills.
· Working knowledge of English, and local language.
· Computer literacy skills
· Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
· Must adhere to set security standards
· Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One page cover letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae, CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Office of Administration/Human Resources.
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 24th November, 2016 by 4:00 pm