Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Austrian Development Agency (ADA)
Funding Source: EU Commission
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
The EU Commission established an “Emergency Trust Fund (EU-TF) for Stability and Addressing the Root Causes of irregular Migration and Displaced Persons in Africa” (hereinafter TF) on 20.10.2015 and signed the Constitutive Agreement on 12.11.2015 during the EU-Africa Summit in Valetta. As part of the EU-TF Uganda envelope, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is preparing to manage the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Component Support to the Refugee Settlements and their Host Communities. The WASH component aims at “ensuring sustainable access to safe water and improve the environmental sanitation conditions in the targeted communities” of Adjumani, Arua and Kiryandongo districts (Northern Uganda). The WASH project will be implemented within the framework of the Joint Water and Sanitation Sector Programme Support (JWESSP 2013-2018) of the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) by the Water and Sanitation Development Facility-North based in Lira.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will work closely with the Advisor, Water and Sanitation and Head of Office of the Coordination Office for Development Cooperation of the Austrian Embassy, Kampala to ensure overall management of the water and sanitation project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Project Management including planning, implementing as well as supervising, monitoring the project;
· Regularly monitor implementation and progress of the WASH development the project area;
· Actively participate in the Water and Sanitation Sector dialogue and coordination;
· Prepare analytical information and communications to be exchanged with partner institutions and donors;
· Compile all necessary reporting obligations, mainly progress and final reports (narrative and financial), as well as other contractual obligations regarding the implementation of the WASH component of the Project in line with EU, Government of Uganda and the Bilateral Agreement;
· Actively promote visibility and communication for the project in liaison with the implementing partner and Head of Office, Coordination Office for Development Cooperation of the Austrian Embassy, Kampala.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in Water or Civil Engineering, Water Resource Management, Environmental/Natural Resource Management, Health and Hygiene or Development Studies or equivalent with a focus on Water and Sanitation related subjects;
· A minimum of five years’ work experience, 4 years thereof in project and project cycle management including financial project management and financial reporting;
· Familiarity with the Uganda Water and Sanitation Sector trends;
· Demonstrated work experience with District Local Government and Donor Agencies;
· Excellent Computer and English language skills required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send via hand delivery or post including a motivation letter including salary expectations, updated CV with a recent passport photo as well as copies of academic/professional certificates with three professional referees to:
Coordination Office for Development,
Cooperation of the Austrian Embassy, Kampala,
Plot 3, Portal Avenue, Crusader House, 5th Floor
P. O. Box 7457, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 17th November, 2016 by 4:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline