Job Title: Project Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Whave General Manager
Whave is a Ugandan social enterprise working with communities, government, and civil society organisations to find and demonstrate solutions to poverty and environmental issues. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
About Whave Programme:
Whave implements a Safe Water Security Programme which develops a self-sustaining rural water service through a localized results-based financing and public-private partnership. Our approach includes rehabilitation of water sources, regular monitoring through a comprehensive set of indicators, operation and maintenance services for reliability assurance and hygiene and sanitation promotion. The aim is to improve health and productivity of local communities through a reliable supply of clean water and improved hygiene.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will oversee the development and implementation of Whave Safe Water Security Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of developing work plans, strategy and materials to deliver Whave’s objectives and targets
· Management/recruitment of field and administrative staff and monitoring and engineering contractors
· Management of Whave’s fixed assets, financial and administrative oversight of the field office
· Co-ordination/liaison with local government officials and other civil society organisations
· Data management and analysis; regular communication with the General Manager in Kampala
· Preparation and communication of high quality presentations and information materials
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Degree level education ideally in a scientific or engineering subject
· Previous experience and understanding of community development
· Significant experience in programme design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, report writing
· A minimum of two years staff management experience
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel and Word
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and covering letters to email@example.com. Please describe why this post interests you and why you think you can achieve good results in your covering letter.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline