Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an international energy business with a portfolio of hydropower investments in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership and direction to the contractor(s) on all engineering aspects of project development including designs, drawings, schedules, project planning, procurement and subcontracting, among others.
· Routinely monitor and oversee the progress of the civil and electro-mechanical works ensuring that they are completed in a safe manner, in within budget, on time and to the required technical and quality standards.
· Keenly review and approve contractor submittals (shop drawings, material specifications, daily reports and other reporting required under the contract), and where required, approve variations.
· Manage the project interfaces (Civil, Electro-Mechanical and across various disciplines) as required.
· Review and approve contractor payment applications, comparing progress against the overall project budget and the contract bill of quantities.
· Provide overall contract administration (FIDIC “Silver” Book EPC contracts).
· Review the need and advise on potential variances or deviation; technical and program impacts.
· Carry out regular safety and environmental audits, and in doing so, coordinate with the project ESG&HS (Environmental, Social Governance and Health & Safety Manager).
· Develop tools and templates and implement them to monitor progress, Quality and ESG-H&S performance.
· Manage the Project team.
· Actively participate in the preparation for the operational phase of the project by helping develop the operational master plan, develop operational procedures, set up the operational structure and carry out relevant training for the operational team.
· Chair and record weekly progress meetings with the contractor(s), reporting to the project team on a regular basis.
· Support the project team when lender and investor visits are conducted, including visits by the lenders engineer.
· Review and update the project programme weekly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a reputable institution
· A minimum of eight to ten years of construction management or relevant site supervision experience
· At least five years’ experience in hydropower construction.
· Preferably experience as a contractor and/or owner.
· Ability to simultaneously manage parallel, but different, construction contracts (civil works, electro-mechanical works) and related activities (Engineering, Health & Safety, ESG, Inspection and Testing, Quality).
· Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
· Previous experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa is a strong preference.
· Possess a hands-on and proactive attitude towards construction issues and problem solving.
· Responsible and honest with unquestionable integrity and a strong work ethic
· Must be a self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility for their own work and to creatively solve problems.
· Computer literacy i.e. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 24th November 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline