Job Title: Project Facilitator FLNO ECCD/CLAC Project
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Project Facilitator FLNO ECCD/CLAC Project will steer the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities at District and community level. She/he ensures that the project is implemented with highest quality and timely manner as per the project design and Plan’s CCCD approach and according to the project’s and Plan’s procedures and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in preparing CLAC Annual Plan (s) that feed into the CSP and provides a good fit within the principles and pillars of CCCD/ RBA and taking corrective action as needed
· Support quarterly planning and reviews, project reporting and documentation and ensure action learning is on-going for the grant funded project
· Actively facilitate integration of CLAC Project into the existing projects and strengthen linkages that foster inclusion of the marginalized
· Promote and facilitate community leadership and active participation of stakeholders in project design and planning, in particular the participation of men, women, children, youth and other marginalized groups
· Provide overall oversight on all Programme Unit ECCD projects
· Prepare timely and high quality annual and quarterly project outlines with budgets in consultation and /or coordination with other project staff, Programme Unit Manager, communities, children and partners.
· Implementation of planned project interventions in timely and consistent manner according to agreed project guidelines at community and district levels
· Generate information using participatory approaches to develop concept notes for resource mobilization and submit to supervisor
· Actively promote networking and integration of groups and partners in ongoing Programmes on regular basis to strengthen linkages both internally and externally
· Ensure programme sponsorship alignment
· Ensure budget is well managed to meet donor expectation
Project Monitoring, Documentation and Reporting:
· Actively contribute to CLAC/ECCD MER plans
· Regularly monitor CLAC project progress reports, PCC, SAP and GL reports for effective budget management
· Actively participate in field monitoring regularly , documentation and follow up of activities
· Ensure quarterly partner/stakeholder meetings take place to review project progress and coordinate plans
· Contribute to Plan Uganda’s Programme Quality Enhancement efforts by implementing agreed actions at the P.U. level (s)
· Prepare all project related reports in a timely manner according to reporting schedules and donor formats
· Document project achievements with best practices, most significant change stories (MSC) and lessons by regular reflections with key stakeholders for continuous learning.
Partnership management for Local government, central government and selected CSOs:
· Coordinate well with key department heads in the respective sub counties/ division officials
· Actively participate in the sub county/ division budget conference meetings
· Proactively participate in the review and planning meeting with community level structures and selected CSO partners
· Ensure joint partner project monitoring reports are properly managed in relation to POs, filing and PPM requirements
· Build and maintain good relationship, planning and coordination between Plan, children, their families and communities
Advocacy and Development Education:
· The incumbent will take advantage of/create opportunities for advocacy and lobbying on behalf of the marginalized children, youth, children with special needs and women
· Build the capacity of the marginalized children/families to advocate and lobby on their own behalf
· Actively contribute regularly to development education by documenting and producing relevant articles for production.
Dealing with Problems:
· Ability to rationalise, prioritize and take quick actions in a competitive environment
· Ability to adopt to different cross - cultural contexts or/ environment
· Ability to trouble shoot in programmatic issues and able to take actions or find solutions in consultations with management team.
· Ability to fix inconsistencies and take corrective actions in a timely manner
Child Protection Policy Responsibilities (mandatory for all staff):
· Adhere to the Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and reporting any CPP issues.
· Responsible for the implementation of the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility plus the development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness.
· Ensure that all Plan International partners, visitors and associates in his/her area of responsibility are provided with, are made aware off and have signed and returned a copy of the child protection policy. Inform the partners, visitors and associates that they must comply with the policy in all contacts and communications with children during their visit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Plan International Project Facilitator FLNO ECCD/CLAC Project job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social science, education, development studies, or any other related field.
· Possession of post-graduate training in project planning and management would be an added advantage
· Practical knowledge on rights based programming and human rights
· Previous experience in working through partnerships and working with children below 8 years old
· Broad knowledge and understanding of child development approaches
· Working knowledge on ECCD including National ECCD Policy and other educational policies/ frameworks
· Knowledge of local languages is required
· Good understanding of managing projects
· Familiarity with and appreciation of national and district development issues plus the local context
· Good facilitation skills particularly in community dialogues including facilitation of diverse community members / groups including adolescent girls
· Conflict resolution, human rights based programming, PRA
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills
· Ability to network with other development agencies
· Computer skills (MS Office)
· Ability to ride a motorcycle
· Ability to work for long hours
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Ability to adhere to Plan International Uganda Values, policies and procedures
· Facilitation, negotiation, motivation, team building and management skills
· Facilitator and ability to negotiate with marginalized children, youths, communities and other key stakeholders
· Flexible and approachable
· Good team player
· A good listener and open to feedback
· Highly analytical and logical in her approach to development
· Transparent and accountable to management and stakeholders
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th December, 2016
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 28th February 2017
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline