Job Title: Project Coordinator, Bursary
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Centre Coordinator
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997. Straight Talk Foundation has existing opportunities available on three of its new projects that include;
· The Irish AID Bursary Program in Karamoja, that seeks to benefit bright but disadvantaged children.
· The Better Life for Girls, a UNFPA funded project to improve health and wellbeing of adolescents especially girls in the Karamoja sub-region.
· Prevention of AIDS in Communities of Karamoja (PACK), funded by the Irish AID.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator, Bursary will mainly provide overall leadership and management of the bursary program through developing and implementation at the bursary strategy based on the existing STF strategic objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Straight Talk Foundation Project Coordinator vacancy should hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Adult and Community Education or related field.
· A minimum of four years’ experience in development programmes in managing bursary/sponsorship operations is essential.
· Proven ability to speak to individuals or groups of people with poise, voice control and confidence.
· Ability to build rapport with donors, beneficiaries, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
· Previous exposure and experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in bursary/Sponsorship, Health, Education, HIV/ AIDS or Child Protection program delivery.
· Possession of demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills is a MUST.
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
· Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
· Ability to operate a motorcycle.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV, Cover letter and academic documents to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Or Send via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline