Job Title: Project Assistant
Organisation: Malteser International
Duty Station: Uganda
Malteser International is an international non-governmental aid agency for humanitarian aid of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, founded in 2005 by Malteser Germany (founded in 1953). The relief service has more than 50 years of experience in humanitarian relief and currently covers around 100 projects in about 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas. Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is active in the WASH sector in Rhino Camp for improving the lives of both the host population as well as the refugee population.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant supports the program coordination in the implementation of project activities as outlined in logframes as well as with the administrative, financial and logistical matters in relation to project management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will coordinate and technically monitor the implementation of project activities according to objectives, indicators, work plan and approved budget
· Ensure regular and proper project documentation and reporting according to donor and Malteser standards, rules and regulations (interim and final reports, monthly reports) in close coordination with the program coordination
· Ensure the sound financial management (review, compliance of budget), administration and logistics (timely preparation, approval and quality control of all procurements) of the project
· Evaluation and supervision of project personnel in close coordination with the program coordination
· Initiation of construction measures (e.g. tender) and regular supervision visits to construction sites
· Supervision and planning of technical support activities within the project
· Represent Malteser International towards local authorities, partners, and donors and participate in cluster meetings (WASH) in close coordination with program coordination
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably have three years of proven experience in project management, preferably in the WASH sector
· Working experience in Northern Uganda would be an asset
· Good organizational skills, flexibility, diplomatic and negotiation skill
· Sensitivity for other cultures
· Fluency in English (written and spoken), local languages an asset (Lugbara, Kakwa, Arabic, Aringa)
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline