Job Title: Project and Research Officer-Education
Organisation: Build Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 j districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa is currently implementing a number of projects from different donors.
Job Summary: The Project and Research Officer – Education will have field level responsibility for the implementation of a project which has a strong focus on research, documentation, lessons learned, evaluation and report writing as well as the delivery of project specific education activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Project and Research Officer-Education vacancy must possess a Master’s Degree in Education, Development or Social Sciences or relevant degree
· At least five years of relevant experience
· Proven experience of collecting, analyzing date and writing research and evaluation reports in a professional setting
· Extensive research background and experience of gathering both qualitative and quantitative data and using appropriate software such as SPSS, or related programme
· Imagination and curiosity, a desire to explore cross-cutting themes and synthesize ideas, data and information
· Previous experience in designing and managing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning components of projects
· Prior experience of facilitation and running participatory sessions (trainings, meetings, workshops, research ) for community, government and other key stakeholders
· Previous experience of putting together training programmes for different audiences.
· Previous experience of planning, developing and facilitating training
· Highly organised with strong attention to detail for accuracy
· Effective communication and listening skills.
· Excellent planning skills for programs and finance budgeting
· Good report writing and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid riding permit
· Good team player who shows creativity and innovation.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Ability to work under sometimes harsh difficult condition
· Willingness to speak up and proactively raise issues
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV/resume which should include your contact information and three professional referees, state your current salary and expectations. Send to;
The Human Resources Officer, Kampala or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physically submit applications to the address below;
Build Africa Uganda- Kampala (Head Office), Plot 431 & 424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road, P.O Box 7224 Kampala. Tel 0414 267828
Build Africa Uganda- Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road,
P.O. Box 350 Kumi. Tel 0392 769648
Build Africa Uganda- Masindi, Plot 2 Kabalega Crescent,
P.O. Box 66 Masindi. Tel 0465420171
Deadline: 14th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline